Important Hy-Vee Triathlon Pre-Race Guidelines
All participants in the Hy-Vee Triathlon and the Hy-Vee 5150 US Championship (individuals and all team members) are required to attend a race briefing. Race briefings are every half hour and will take approximately 20 minutes.
Friday, August 29th - Noon to 7:00 p.m. | Hy-Vee Hall | 730 3rd Street Des Moines, IA 50309
Saturday, August 30th - 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. | Hy-Vee Hall | 730 3rd Street Des Moines, IA 50309
Friday, August 29th - Noon to 6:00 p.m. | Hy-Vee Hall | 730 3rd Street Des Moines, IA 50309
Saturday, August 30th - 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. | Hy-Vee Hall | 730 3rd Street Des Moines, IA 50309
Please be aware that all age group adult athletes MUST attend a race briefing before you can pick up your race packet. Race officials will not allow you to pick up your packet without attending the race briefing.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR TEAMS: Each member of the team must attend a mandatory race briefing and pick up his/her own race packet. You do not need to do this as a team. Each participant can attend a different race briefing if you desire.
Once you've completed the briefing, you are only allowed to pick up your own packet and must present a valid government-issued photo ID to do so. You will not be able to pick up your packet without a photo ID.
USAT members must bring a valid USAT card (card, printout of card or smart phone image) and photo I.D. to packet pick-up or pay $12.00 (cash or check) for the one-day USAT fee (no exceptions). If non-USAT members did not pay the USAT fee when they registered, they will need to pay the one-day fee at packet pick-up as well.
MINORS: All minors racing in the Hy-Vee 5150 Championship race or the Hy-Vee Age Group Triathlon MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to athlete check-in. The minor and the guardian both must attend a race briefing and go through the packet pickup process together.
There is no race morning packet pick-up.
Hy-Vee Triathlon is providing the TriTats body marking system to simplify and professionalize body marking. Please body-mark yourself the day before the race while at home. You will receive a zip lock bag of TriTats body marking tattoos in your race packet.
The system is very easy, enjoyable, ads an element of safety and makes you look much more professional.
Please follow these easy steps:
- Apply TriTats the night before the event to create a better bond with your skin. Apply sunscreen on race morning around tattoos. You may get them wet for swimming or showering 20 minutes after application. The Blue TriTats are for race # body marking locations: left and right arms on bicep and on the outside of both legs between the calf and the shin (or above knee if wearing compression socks). The Black Age ID/Category ID tattoo(s) are to be applied on the back of the left calf.
- IMPORTANT: skin must be clean & free of sunscreen, lotion, oils and makeup.
- Athletes assigned 4 digit race #s will add the additional Blue race # to make up your assigned number (ex: a “1” and a “701” will create “1701”).
- Remove clear, protective top sheet from tattoo(s).
- With arrows pointing up, press tattoo onto skin with ink design facing skin.
- Double check that you have it right side up-have a friend check!
- Hold wet paper towel to the back of tattoo. Make sure to wet it all the way through the white backer paper. Hold for 30 seconds (don’t hurry). Peel off paper backing.
- Follow steps 2 to 6 for other body-marking locations, for age ID’s and for sponsor logo tattoos.
- The Black age group ID’s and category indicator tattoos are to be applied to your left calf (“R” for Relay, “C” for Clydesdale, “A” for Athena and “P” for Pro).
The YouTube instructional video at www.TRITATS.com is very helpful. Removal: soak image with baby oil or rubbing alcohol, wait 20 seconds and wipe away.
TriTats are proudly made in the USA.
To learn more about TriTats and the newest body marking system click here.