Scheels All Sports will be serving as mechanic support as well as a receiving location for bike shipments and setup for the 2013 Hy-Vee Triathlon. Scheels will transport all bikes to the race location the day before the race, and will need all bikes back to our tent shortly after your race. For any questions please contact:
Des Moines Scheels
101 Jordan Creek PKWY #4000
West Des Moines, IA 50266
Josh Wells, Assistant Store Leader
Jeannie Irvine-Blazek, Events Coordinator
Services in Detail
Before the race:
Scheels will receive the Bike, and assemble the bike to your preferences. We strongly suggest all bikes are here before Friday, August 30th, for proper time needed to assemble all bikes. A bike on ground shipping from either coast can take a week to Des Moines, IA, so please plan accordingly to have your bike here by the specified date, before August 29th.
Scheels will set up your bike, and perform a tune-up on the bike.
We will bring your bike to the race site the day before the race, August 30th.
Scheel’s Barnetts Certified Technicians will work with the athletes on their bike for any final repairs and adjustments on August 30th.
On the race morning, August 31st, we will be present for final minor adjustments.
After the race:
Scheels will transport your bike back to our store. We ask you have your bike back to our tent at transition before the Elite races begins.
We will disassemble your bike, and prepare it for shipping in your personal bike case, or a bike box.
Scheels will ask at time of service purchase over the phone if you will be providing your own return label. For any reason we don’t receive a return label, we will charge your credit card at time of return service of your bike per your specifications on shipping.
No bikes will leave our store until Tuesday, September 2, due to Monday being Labor Day.
For those not providing a return label for shipping, we will charge your card at time of return service. Your return label rate will be determined on the following, using UPS as a shipping provider:
- Shipping arrival (Next Day, 2nd Day, or Ground service)
- Insurance requested on the bike for shipping, shipping damages would be unfortunate.
- Weight of the bike and contents
The standard fee for the service is $170.
Earlybird Pricing: If you pay before 8/1, we will take $50 off the price of your bike service fees, $120
How To Pay
- Call Des Moines Scheels, (515) 727-4065.
- Ask for Customer Service, where you will be transferred to an associate to happily assist you.
- Payment with credit card over the phone is recommended and easiest way to pay.
- When you pay for service, be prepared to answer any questions as well for return label and return shipping service.
Pre-race Athlete Responsibility
- Please fill out the following two forms completely. Put the Athlete Set-Up form in your bike box before shipping. The Hy-Vee Athlete Tag should be on the outside of the bike box, taped securely, alerting us to athlete bikes.
- Include all signed forms following the instructions, and ship your bike to us with your shipping service of choice. You’re responsible to pay for shipping of the bike to Scheels, and please include your return label if you choose to do so.
- Ship Bikes to: Scheels All Sports 101 Jordan Creek Parkway #4000 West Des Moines, IA 50266 Attn: Josh Wells
- Please insure bikes as shipping damages would be unfortunate. Please call Scheels with any questions and request to speak to Josh Wells. Thank you!